Are you tired of trying to fit in?
Do you feel stressed all the time?
Just want to live your own life?
It’s normal for adolescents to be more self-conscious at the beginning of counseling. However, they soon find it a safe place to focus on themselves and their problems free from the pressures of family and friends. This freedom creates the chance to explore and understand all the feelings. Once we identify the source of difficult emotions and stress, we can work together to practice new skills and try out new solutions to old problems.
If you’re the Parents of Teens
Adolescents can become overwhelmed by the intensity of their emotions. The struggle to fit in socially, succeed academically, please peers, parents and other adults is difficult enough. To do this while attempting to define their own values and establish a strong sense of core identity can be paralyzing. During this crazy time, both parents and teens often feel misunderstood, unheard, disrespected, and disliked or ignored by the other.
Let us help put the challenges your teen or family may be facing into perspective and offer you fresh solutions you may not have previously considered. As experienced Teen Therapists, we can assist you in finding solutions to problems at home or school and teach your teen the skills they need to thrive.
If you’re the Teen
Some teens don’t want to talk directly about a problem or the difficult emotions that come with those problems. You may not even be sure how to define that actual problem! We start by getting to know each other and building trust and safety. Only then can we work together and get down towards the core issue. All this at a pace that makes sense and is comfortable for you.
Depending on your specific needs, we may:
- Provide strategies to reduce anxiety, stress, depression, hopelessness, or self-doubt.
- Help motivate you to find safe, healthy coping skills to replace unhealthy coping skills.
- Work with you to improve your self-esteem and gain a sense of belonging, competence, and responsibility.
- Guide you in learning how to manage anger or control impulsive behavior.
- Help you learn to express yourself and improve communication with friends, families, and authority figures.
- Support as you endure difficult changes among your friends or family.
We have lots of creative ways to work together, and it doesn’t always need to be “talk therapy.” Art, games, videos, role play, and even humor have a place in therapy depending on what works best for you. We can do all this together and confidentially.
We offer in-office or teletherapy sessions. Online counseling is conducted using HIPAA compliant software for your confidentiality.