Watching the resilience of youth as they stumble, gain their balance, and try again despite their inexperience with the world is inspiring. I have been a Montessori teacher for over ten years and enjoyed being a direct part of the journey, supporting youth to keep tackling the challenges in front of them and building their confidence. A few years ago, I decided it was time for me to also take on a new challenge and went back to university to earn a master’s in psychology. Working therapeutically with children, teens and families I now have even more ways to help people take on life’s many challenges.
Since parents provide the solid ground for children to get their footing, then push off into their teen years and finally into adulthood, I am also passionate about supporting parents. Going back to school yet again, I became a certified Parent Coach through the Parent Coaching Institute as well as a Love and Logic parenting skills instructor. This knowledge allows me the opportunity to support parents too, as they guide their own children on their journey.
I love understanding the unique capabilities of each child or teen, helping them each see their own strengths. When children and teens learn to recognize their own strengths, their confidence soars as they develop into that next phase of life. When parents do this too, they can better guide their own children through those phases and enjoy parenting with a new confidence that makes them better parents and create happier families. I am privileged to share this journey with each and every client.
Feel free to visit the appointment page to schedule an appointment. Let’s get you and your family on a path to creating everyone’s best self!
I offer in-office or teletherapy sessions. Online counseling is conducted using HIPAA compliant software for your confidentiality.
Training & CEUs
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Youth Suicide Assessment and Prevention
- Pediatric Plus COR, AED, First Aid for Children, Infants, & Adults
- HIV, AIDS Training
- Life on the playground, Health, Safety, Nutrition
- Montessori Teacher, Sammamish Montessori School
- Child and Family therapist intern, Youth Eastside Service
- Child and Family Mental Health Therapist, Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Parent Coaching Certification, Parent Coaching Institute, SPU
- Love and Logic Facilitator Training, Colorado
- Master of Arts in Psychology, Seattle University
- Nurse Practitioner, Botosani Children’s Hospital, Romania
- Psychologist Intern, Juvenile Delinquency Prevention, Romania
- Child Psychologist, “Our Family” shelter, Romania
- Psychologist, Galata Orphanage, Romania
- Psychologist, Child Protective Services, Adoption & Foster Care Unit, Bucharest, Romania
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Major Psychology AL Ioan Cuza University, Iasi, Romania
- A look at the Current Brain Research, Important Windows of Sensitivity, in the First decade of Life, JoAnn Deak, Ph.D, 2012
- Member of American Montessori Society
- Member of American Mental Health Counselor Association