This path for me began initially working directly with groups of middle and high school students in after-school programs. I was part of creating a safe space for students to explore identity, lifestyle, and leadership. Eventually, my work in schools started to focus more specifically on youth at risk both in terms of underperforming in academics as well as emotional and behavioral risks. Beginning to bring the family together for therapy also became a part of my style of counseling. The natural progression as I worked with youth in crisis and risk was to join the adolescent in-patient team at Seattle Children’s Hospital. Here my skills were truly put in a crucible and tested. Adolescents and their families were experiencing some of the most difficult emotional turbulence in their lives and needed a counselor they could trust to guide them out of the crisis, build the skills needed to feel safe and hopeful again.
Joining Bellevue Family Counseling is the next step I needed to be able to bring together all the pieces of my therapeutic background – helping teens build the skills and resilience they need to get through challenges as well mentoring them to explore healthy patterns of thinking and routines so they can feel confident in their own skin.
I look forward to being a supportive connection for you and help you grow into your best self.
Feel free to visit the appointment page to schedule an appointment. Let’s get you on a path to being the best version!
I offer in-office or teletherapy sessions. Online counseling is conducted using HIPAA compliant software for your confidentiality.
- CAMS Collaborative Assessment & Mgmt of Suicidality
- ESA School Social Worker Certification
- YMCA Diversity and Inclusion training
- Undoing Institutional Racism training
- Mental Health Therapist, Seattle Children’s Hosptial
- Case Manager, Denny International Middle School, Seattle WA
- Social Work Intern, YMCA Snohomish County, Everett WA
- Social Work Intern, Asian Counseling and Referral Service, Seattle WA
- Master of Social work (MSW, University of Washington
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Welfare (BASW), Univesity of Washington
Fluent in English and Korean