Molly Reback MSW LICSW
SpecialtyAdults & Teens
EducationMSW Clinical Social Work
LicenseLicensed Clinical Social Worker LW61291758
Key TrainingMI, CBT
Rate$170 per 53 min session
In college, I majored in Human Development and was introduced to different types of talk therapy and counseling, psychology, and various theoretical contexts. Everything was clipping along well until my last semester. I began having strange physical symptoms that I chalked up to graduation nerves, and that I hoped would disappear upon “figuring out who I was and wanted to be.” After waiting some time to see a physician, thinking that whatever I was experiencing wasn’t a big deal, I was diagnosed with a rare pediatric cancer. To say it uprooted my whole world would be an understatement. The plans that I had for myself suddenly shifted.
During this challenging time, I received incredible support from the hospital staff, including social workers and therapists, who helped me develop the coping skills I needed to get through this very challenging time. I was so inspired by the professionals that helped me, that I decided I wanted to become one, too! I applied to UCLA for my Master of Social Work degree from my hospital bed and was accepted shortly thereafter. Fast forward to today, I have my full clinical license and am now eight years cancer-free!
I loved every minute of learning about how medicine and therapy interact to help people through some of their most difficult moments. I trained at several top-rated hospitals and medical centers on the West Coast. I have worked with patients and their families throughout the lifespan, from birth to 65+, with both acute and chronic illnesses.
My training and personal experiences have informed my practice and theories, and allow me to be compassionate, sensitive, patient, and understanding of my clients and what they might be experiencing. I am trained in trauma-informed therapies and have extensive professional experience in life-threatening crises.
I was working at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles in March 2020 when COVID became a part of our reality. From that time forward, I supported colleagues and patients as we all experienced the strain of the healthcare system, fear of the future, and burnout.
I am passionate about and extensively trained in supporting children, teenagers, and adults with acute and chronic medical illnesses as they navigate their healthcare journey. As a result of my professional work, I also have a unique understanding of what it means to work in healthcare today. I have supported healthcare providers (MDs, RNs, social workers, dieticians, support staff, etc.) in the most difficult of times and have walked alongside them as they grapple with how the strain of the healthcare system, compassion fatigue, and burnout, impact them as individuals and providers.
I have loved my work in medical centers and hospitals, however I recently realized that it became time to shift out of the shorter-term crisis work. I’ve been wanting to be able to get to know my clients better and support them through more varied issues. The gratitude and passion I’ve had for the work I’ve done; is now excitement I bring to the therapy room. I am thrilled to be at Bellevue Family Counseling and continue what I am passionate about.
I am able to meet with clients via telehealth or in-person. I look forward to working with you and learning how I might be able to support you and your loved ones during this difficult time.
Feel free to visit the appointment page to schedule an appointment. I offer in-office or teletherapy sessions. Online counseling is conducted using HIPAA compliant software for your confidentiality.
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance/Fred Hutch: Clinical Social Worker II
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (Pediatrics): Clinical Social Worker I
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center: Clinical Social Work Intern
- Rotations in: Pediatrics, NICU, Surgical ICU, Cardiac ICU, Inpatient Oncology, Outpatient Oncology, Orthopedics
- New Earth Life: Clinical Social Work Intern
- Clinical case management to at-risk and formerly incarcerated, ages of 16 – 25
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) – WA State
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) – State of CA
- Suicide Prevention (All Patients Safe)- Adv Integrating Mental Health Solutions (AIMS)/ UW Dept Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
- Trauma-informed therapy and counseling
- Anxiety and Depression in Children and Teens
- Anxiety and Depression in Adults
- Behavioral Activation
- Motivational Interviewing
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Solution-Focused Therapy
- Crisis Intervention children, teens, and adults
- Volunteer for Chai Lifeline supporting children with life-threatening illnesses and their families in the hospital, at home, and in recreational activities (summer camp, weekend retreats, etc.)
- Camp Counselor in medical summer camps, special needs summer camps (10+ yrs).
Volunteer working with children with special needs in various settings: summer camp, community recreational activities and programs (Friendship Circle)